Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Darden Rigor

I got so many queries about the rigor of the Darden schedule during Darden days that I feel I must address some of the misconceptions. Firstly I do agree that Darden is a rigorous program, especially quarter one and two. Like our Dean says “we are a rigorous program and we do not apologise for it”. The breadth and depth of learning offered by the curriculum and additional team based learning opportunities are excellent. Looking back at my first year I am amazed not only at the number of topics we covered in the area of Finance, Accounting, Operations, Marketing, Strategy, Leadership, Organization, Decision Analysis and Communication but also at my understanding of the subject matter and its practicality. the best reference I have for the knowledge I gained is my experience interviewing for summer internships. During networking events and recruiting I got great feedback on my understanding of various business subjects and issues. Having said all this I intent of this post is to inform you about the Darden schedule. I will post my typical week during Quarter 1-2 and Quarter 3-4. In the spectrum of the Darden class I would consider myself to be somewhere in the middle in terms of effort put into class preparation and Darden related activities. So here it is for your reference



3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too bad Anand..With 33% free/sleep time in the busiest quarters, I think the "rigor" is not unmanageable.

Thanks for the post.

Ankush

Anand said...

For me definetly I caught more sleep at Darden as compared to my previous job where I used work 60-65 hrs/Week. But it depends, for lot of people this is cutting back on sleep and free time. Another challenge is that work requires lot of brain power and hence feels exhausting!

Mandy said...

thanks for the update on your schedule. only you, anand.
good hanging out with you friday night. i have a vague recollection of 2 a.m. reuben sandwiches at little john's...?

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz