Saturday, January 07, 2006

Kellogg - Ding !!

________________________________________________________
January 5, 2006

Dear Anand:

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program. Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class.

The Admissions Committee carefully evaluated your application in the following areas: work experience, career plans, academic ability and performance, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and interpersonal skills. Decisions are based upon a thorough evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as your qualifications relative to all others in our applicant pool. This decision is not a reflection of your personal qualities and achievements or your potential for success in management, but merely a reflection of the limited number of places in the class.

We certainly wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program .

Sincerely,
________________________________________________________


Some things don’t come easy in life and I was under no illusion that an Admit to one of the best B-Schools in the world would. Kellogg was my first application to a US B-school and the first time ever at this process including essays etc. We do not have a similar process here at any level. I worked very hard at the Kellogg application and needless to say that I am very disappointed. It hurts and it should as that is what would make me more determined to succeed next time.

I needn’t despair too much as I have three more schools to go and maybe one of them (or more) would turn out favorably. I would do some analysis on Kellogg application, maybe even ask adcom for feedback but only after I am done with Duke. That should be done 24 hours from now.
__

"Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

11 Comments:

sorebrek said...

Sorry to hear that Anand. I don't think you should put too much currency on the Kellogg outcome. I know of HBS admits who got dinged at K - it is a picky school and goes for a certain profile. I'm sure you will get into a school of your choice this fall. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Anand, the above from sorebrek is true.

You have many great qualities...the right school for you will be accepting you in due time.

K.D.

laserlikefocus said...

Hey Anand, sorry to hear about this. You certainly have the right attitude. I am sure you'll hear good news from some other school soon. Keep plugging away.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about that. If a 700 GMAT and a great interview didn't get you in, I wonder what are they looking for?

Well - Good luck with other schools.

divinemissN said...

So sorry to hear that Anand :-( Keep up the spirit though, you can do it!!!

FooBarMe said...

Best of Luck with the other applications!!

MBABlogger said...

Sorry to know about this, But I hope you get the others u r applying to.

Best of luck !!

Marina said...

Sorry to hear about Kellogg, but hopefully you will end up at the school that is right for you!

p.s. we had a blast!

Marina said...

yes! post some stories so that I am not the only one looking like an alcoholic

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. I am on the waitlist, and that does not sound too exciting either.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anand,

Sorry to hear about the waitlists and the rejects, but i guess all that is a part of applying. Came across your blog, and it seems like all of us are under the same crap. I applied to 9 colleges, and have gotten through 1) Carlson, Minessota, 2) University of Urbana Champaign,3) Wake forest, North Carolina and 4) Wisconsin Madison. I was just wondering if anyone could guide me as to which to choose and why.. Plus, which rankings are the true rankings!!

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz