Sunday, October 23, 2005

Kellogg Application - Done

I completed and submitted my Kellogg Application this week, 3 days before the deadline for Round 1. After 15-20 reviews my essays were looking quite polished, resume wasn’t bad either. I do bring out a complete story through my essays and highlight different skills that I consider important. Overall my application looks reasonable strong. Time will tell. I try to put in my best effort and don’t worry too much about results. I still have the interview pending and that should be done in a couple of weeks.

Based on this experience, I hope that the following applications would be stronger. The Kellogg application has taken a lot out of me and taking into account the work pressure, I am considering reducing the number of schools to 4. Four excellent applications are lot better than 5 good ones. Application process is very competitive and you pay a heavy price for being anything less than extra-ordinary.

I have started my ‘Tepper’ Application and the deadline is less than a month from now!!
So Lets get the Application started!!

7 Comments:

laserlikefocus said...

Good luck to you on the remaining apps. After one of my recommenders threw a fit about writing 6 recommendations even I was considering reducing the number of apps. But just can't decide which school to chuck.

Paa"ji" said...

GOOD LUCK Anand...:-)

MBA Pundit said...

Good luck, looks like you have done your best and made a strong case to be admitted. My first application took out a lot too and I just took the full week off from applications to relax. Give yourself a well deserved short break and then get back to your next app.

qzoink said...

Hahaha, I started out with a target of 7 schools, after the first app, I came down to a target of 4! I also threw out some highly competitive schools and put in some where I think I have a better chance of getting in.

Anuj said...

Great Anand .. best of luck and a very Happy Diwali

SgHama said...

Glad u made in on time. I totally understand wanting to drop schools - I am doing the same - now i'm considering just applying to 2 instead of 3. The app process just drains u esp with work.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anand Rao,

I perused your post (ji) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell highway construction project. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
highway construction project. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like highway construction project on interest free credit and you can pay for your highway construction project whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: highway construction project.

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz