Saturday, May 17, 2008

Backpacking in Europe - Update from Barcelona

I got into Barcelona last night after a fun filled 3 days in Madrid. Madrid has a lot to offer from Mediviall streets, architecture, musuems to palaces and a great nightlife. I will give a more detailed update when I post my entire travelogue. I stayed at the Cat´s hostel which has maybe 15-20 rooms with option of male/female and mixed dorms. I met people from all over in particular lots of people from Canada, ireland, some from germany, australia, US, South Africa. I walked around sightseeing entire day and enjoyed the night life hitting bars and clubs till as late as 5 am. This was still not late enough fir the locals though. Madrid nightlife runs 7 days a week as tourist pour into the city every day. Now in Barcelona, I plan to head around to Seychelles, Baritz which is supposed to have great beaches. More updates later.
Here are some more tips I missed earlier
- carry a travel book
- carry adaptors for connecting to different power outlets
- roll up clothes into ziploc bags. they take less space
- stop at the tourist information center in the airport and get maps and guides
- ask local about things to do and places to eat. Ask your hostel
- try and pick up some spanish in spain or get familired before hand. It helps to know a few words and some grammar

1 Comment:

Mandy said...

hey buddy,
you are so adventurous! awesome! i am sititng on my couch in cville.
see you in the fall but do keep us updated with your adventures!
mandy

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz