Saturday, December 03, 2005

Home Sweet Home!!

I reached home safely and am enjoying the beautiful weather in Bangalore. It’s been a comfortable 20-25 oC all week, compared to -10 oC at Minneapolis. I had a great flight and in the final leg couldn’t help but notice the excellent service on Indian domestic flights compared to American. India is not well known for the quality of service but the state of airline industry in US should explain the discrepancy.

I got enough time to pack all the gifts I got for my family and relatives and most of my stuff while still limiting my check-in luggage to 50 pounds per bag. I left my three closest friends ‘Thank you’ notes with memorabilia for their help and thanked them for their wonderful friendship. Their support throughout my stay made life so easy for me and their friendship made this trip an enjoyable one. I heard somewhere that if while going to bed you can think 5 friends you can count on, you should consider yourself really lucky. I know I do.

Anyways, I showed up at work the very next day and enjoyed meeting colleagues and friends and sharing my experiences. Chocolates and news from onsite kept everybody happy. The cricket team is very keen to have me back but I am not sure if I would play anymore.

I am still coming to terms with the crowd, the chaotic traffic and pollution. The food, friends and family keep me smiling 24/7 though. Our HQ is now a city in itself (not that it wasn’t when I left). 13,000 people 42 buildings 80 acres and I haven’t seen all of it yet. When I started working for Infosys at Bangalore we had 18 buildings with number 19, 20, 21 being constructed and that was just three and half years back. The office doesn’t seize to amaze you every day you are there and it was no different this time around.

More on the Applications in my next post.

3 Comments:

Marina said...

Glad to hear you made it safe. So straight to work? No taking time off to settle down and catch up?

sorebrek said...

A pop-culture quote for you, courtesy the drug-addled, albeit delectable lyrics of Pink Floyd:

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
Its good to warm my bones beside the fire.

SG said...

Welcome back to BLR....Did you get the mail from a current student in Tepper, Sandhya Ganapathy about the informal meeting that she is organizing here on the 15th of this month?

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz