Monday, December 26, 2005

A Team to Celebrate

Over the weekend I got a chance to re-unite with my cricket team and share some good moments. Ofcourse it was my treat - returning from onsite. After coming back from US, I have not yet started playing cricket again and was contemplating keeping it that way. I have played cricket through my college and for over 3 years here and even captained the side but now I feel like concentrating on other things that I am passionate about.

My teammates affectionately call me “capi”, which I really like because on one hand that acknowledges my being the leader; on the other it is informal enough that it does not differentiate me from the team. Well!! Things have changed and I would no longer captain right away but I have a feeling that I am still their “capi”; so they tell me. Everyone on the team is like a brother to me and we share excellent camaraderie. We have had our good moments and some bad ones but the journey has been a memorable one. Something that I will cherish for life. I almost feel like getting back on the field right away but have decided to stay away until my applications are done. Sports, cricket in particular have taught me so much about team work and leadership that I could not keep this off my essays. Though I have enough instances to quote off work and tried to keep those, there are mentions of where I got my leadership style from and why I believe in team work. Getting back to the team, we had an amazing run last year and achieved whatever we dreamed of. All made possible through excellent team work and support for one another. On top of that it was such an enjoyable experience.

Well, looks like I’ll be on the ground pretty soon but now its time to concentrate on my future.

1 Comment:

Marina said...

Thanks! No worries...you have had a transition time to settle back at home :)

Axechick and I have actually been emailing for quite some time now. I cannot wait to meet her in April.

Happy New Year!

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz