Wednesday, August 24, 2005

TOEFL - Done!

I completed my TOEFL a short while back and as expected it was pretty simple. The writing section (Essay) is yet to be evaluated so my tentative scores are in the range 240-297. I hope I get 290+. It will help offset my GMAT verbal to some extent. I am still awaiting my AWA scores from GMAT hoping I get a decent score there as well.

I was looking forward to a relaxed evening when I happened to check the voice message on my cell to learn that there was package for me from India to be delivered by carrier (sorry can't name) and they have the wrong address. This is definitely the transcript package that they are talking about and I can't afford it being misplaced. They left me a voice message but apparently the tracking number was incorrect. I have been on phone last hour or so trying to find the package. Looks like I’ll have to call home and get additional information.

Coming to the Application essays front, I just had a look at Kellogg essays and am beginning to understand what my fellow bloggers mean by 'Essays are the toughest part'. There are 3 mandatory and 3 optional essays for Kellogg and I am not sure which ones to write and what to put in them. I have a pretty good idea about the 'why MBA', 'why now', 'career goals' part. Others, I'll have to give some thought. I have mailed two of my favorite bloggers (Students, not Applicants) for some advice (you know who you are).

Next few weeks should be interesting.

6 Comments:

Forrest Gump said...

cool stuff !

MBA Pundit said...

Thats awesome! Good luck with the essays.

Anand said...

Just started with my Kellogg application. had a look at the essays, wondering what to write

Anuj said...

Grt score Anand !! U shuld surely get 290 plus man. Then best of luck for ur essays. Good that u have a clarity abt Why MBA and other such questiosn :)

I have lots to talk abt leadership skills , team work and other stuff.. but still not sure abt why MBA and career goal :)

Paa"ji" said...

thats the way to go Anand...Goodluck :-)

Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz