Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just chillin'


Styx Posted by Picasa

Visited Styx and Purple Haze (Popular Pubs in Bangalore) over the weekend. Styx has definitely changed since my last visit over 2 years back. Music is not as heavy as before but it was still as fun as ever to “head bang” on some hard rock/heavy metal. I especially love the wooden benches on one end where you can feel the reverberations of the music passing through your body.

Purple haze has been one of the most popular pubs in Bangalore for a long time but it was my first time there. Somehow I didn’t like it much. Neither the music, nor the ambience.

In other news and earlier in the day we lost the first match of another tournament that we are playing (yes! – Cricket). We didn’t play well and my captaincy left lot to be desired. It was my first loss as a captain in 18 matches. It had to come sooner or later!! We have some really tough matches coming up in our own tourney and my focus has totally shifted to that and away from work and applications. With nothing more to do on application front but wait, it’s good that I have something to divert my attention.

2 Comments:

SG said...

The ambience of Styx is good. Its been a good year since I last went there. Do more women visit, or does it still resemble a gay hangout?

Vikram said...

Styx - I liked it when I visited some 2 years back. Loud music but may be Bangalore pubs changed a lot I guess. Will definetely visit atleast one pub during my next visit. Which one do you suggest?

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz