Sunday, April 30, 2006

Back in US

Well!! I am back at our client location in Minneapolis. I had to fly on short notice and am suffering the after effects of such a long trip!! Flew in via Paris and New york this time around.
4 flights, 23 hours flight time, 34 hours journey time!, Bottomline - I need rest.

In other news
- Still on waitlist at Tepper
- Considering dropping out and re-applying next fall as its already 'may' and I would need time arranging the finance and Visa. US Visa procedures are especially arduous. Plus it would be even harder doing it from US. And with this years experience and another year work-ex, my application would definitely be lot stronger next year.
- My friends in US are excited that I am back
- Our cricket team was especially distraught on my departure
- Family supportive like always. My younger brother is passing out from college soon and would be joining the same company. So I am really looking forward to that.

5 Comments:

Forrest Gump said...

yeah, your app next year should definitely be stronger, but i wouldnt advice dropping of the waitlist, unless you dont want to go to Tepper and instead aim for the biggies. either ways - good luck.

MBA Cutie said...

Good luck, Anand! Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will work out!

If you reapply, take a look at Ross next year. :)

Unknown said...

There's a procedure called Change of Status (COS) in which you can convert your H1/L1 to a F-1 student visa without leaving the US. Check out a long running thread on it on the BW forums which has some good information.

Good luck.

Unknown said...

Since you are showing them your love, you have chances of getting in. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Anand unless you dont want to go to Tepper.

Hey, a very good friend of mine is also there from the same company as yours for Amex, I think.. may be you two know each other!

Good Luck!

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz