Saturday, April 08, 2006

Bangalore Buzz??

Continuing on with my previous post and looking at the responses to the same, I realized that not much information is available about Bangalore’s hot spots. Even the localities, me included, seem to have little clue on where to go and what to expect there. So I have decided to compile a list of hot spots with reviews and would keep updating that based on feedback. I’ll add a link to the post on the left frame. I’ll start something based on my knowledge and hope others can pitch in. Please feel free to post a comment and mail me.

Next post will have the details but to start with, here is what I am hearing –
‘Purple haze’ seems to be history
‘Styx’ is shifting towards mainstream. It doesn’t resemble a gay hangout but definitely a strictly guy hangout!! Fairer sex is outnumbered 50 to 1, as in some of the other Pubs in Bangalore.
‘Bunkers’ has gone underground
Few new places in Koramangla area

Ppl who have visited other places do give the ratios for them as well. Guys here are wondering where all the women went?? It would be easier if some of them came and posted it here themselves.
Some clubs draw lots of the good crowd but most of them are couples entry only.
Have heard of some all night rave parties in outskirts of bangalore but most of them are very hush hush.

Overall - 11:30 PM rule has dampened and strangulated the night life in Bangalore!!

3 Comments:

SG said...

Remember that song from the 80s? "Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?" Maybe we need to come out with something similar for Bangalore's pub hopping women...

The ratio in 13th floor seems marginally better

Vikram said...

11:30 - I thought its 11:00PM, when the pubs just stop playing music and people are forced to leave.

Anonymous said...

Well I am here in Bangalore for two days..I am working in Hong Kong and I am back to India after 2 years..I liked my short stays in Manilla, Jakarta and Bali..It was easy to find hot spots for girls. It is kinda easy there.. When u see indian songs ( pop and even bollywood) it looks to bubbly.. I thought it is easy to get hot partners here.. But sadly... was not able to get a hold for any..

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz