Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Simple pleasures in Life

Yesterday I saw my first snowfall. I was outside, getting back from work when it started raining and slowly the rain drops got lighter and I could see a few snow flakes floating around. I was overjoyed at this beautiful sight. By the time I reached home we were having a full fledged snowfall. It was not the cold weather or the chilly winds that grabbed my attention but the small white flakes floating down ever so gently to the earth. Past few days it has been getting dark around 4 pm but yesterday evening we witnessed a bright glow from the reflection of the snow that accumulated on the ground. I was thrilled, excited and felt so relaxed and happy at the sight and its amazing how such a simple natural event can bring a smile to our face.

Past few weeks have been tough for me. Not everything is working out as I planned and few things have taken a drastic turn for the worst. Some events that occurred at work which I cannot talk about here have left me disturbed and restless. Added to the immense work load and pressure at work and the demanding B-school application process, things have been tough. But it is amazing how a beautiful sight can lift your spirits and make your problems go away. These are the things that make life such a wonderful journey. Enjoy it while you can.

5 Comments:

laserlikefocus said...

Yes, the 1st snowfall is a beautiful thing to experience. Mine was more than 6 years back and I remember it vividly. But ofcourse once the charm wears out, the fun part starts :)

Hang in there with the app process. Since this process is so long and drawn out, ups and downs are bound to happen. January isn't that far away !

Anonymous said...

It is always great to find others who enjoy life's small pleasures.

You will prevail, Anand, in this journey. Keep focused and keep the faith.

Marina said...

Snow is gorgeous, but only when not combined with rain. Good luck with the applications and work.

Marina said...

We are having AMAZING weather this week (today was about 74degrees), but I warn you to bring layers because SF weather is unpredictable! I am driving down to LA for my Anderson interview this weekend - have a good time visiting!

i_will_make_it said...

Love your post! I know, isn't it amazing to see it fall for the first time? and when you reach your hand out to study it... you really see the patterns in each snow "flake" that you thought was just some myth from childhood stories.

Enjoy the snow! And be sure to stay warm through the cold!

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz