Tuesday, July 05, 2005

You've Got Another Thing Coming

That's right here's where the talkin' ends
Well listen this night there'll be some action spent
Drive hard I'm callin' all the shots
I got an ace card comin' down on the rocks

In this world we're livin' in we have our share of sorrow
Answer now is don't give in aim for a new tomorrow

Oh so hot no time to take a rest yeah
Act tough ain't room for second best
Real strong got me some security
Hey I'm a big smash I'm goin' for infinity yeah

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'

__________________________________________

I have been getting a bit nervous reading posts of fellow bloggers who have already written GMAT and few drafts of essays and still think that they are behind schedule. I am yet to write GMAT, my preparation has hardly gathered any momentum and starting with the application process hasn’t crossed my mind as yet. Most importantly my GMAT is just a month away and I am nowhere near ready. Infact I am not much better than when I first started preparations.

Last Monday I decided that the time to act was now. I was off from work early every day and managed to study daily. I wasn’t able to concentrate as much as I would have liked too but I did make some progress and more importantly I had the long weekend for all the catching up. Unlike other weekends, I decided not to plan any travel or outing just so that I may concentrate on my studies.

Things did not go as planned and we had an all night outing on Friday and I slept through Saturday. I was really pissed off Saturday evening for the time I wasted and wanted to make up for it next 2 days.

Somehow this kind of adventure was exactly what I needed to turn things around. I was able to motivate myself and get some seriousness and resolve in my preparations. I made decent progress next 2 days covering most of the tasks I planned.

One of thing that generally inspires me is music. On Saturday when I was wondering about what I was doing and where I was going with this, I thought that if you want something you have to go and get it. I have an opportunity to do something with my life, better not let that slip away. I remember listening to this song by Judas priest at the time, it goes like this

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad
You've got another thing comin'


Yes Anand, You've got another thing comin' and you better be ready

4 Comments:

Anand said...

You just need to look back and see the last thing you did not do too well and could have done better. Think abt what was and what could have been!!

Anonymous said...

Hey anand best of lcuk.. me to getting ready to take a hit at GMAT

Anonymous said...

Hey anand best of lcuk.. me to getting ready to take a hit at GMAT

The above comment was me :)

Kiran said...

hi anand..cool pal u have completed 3 yrs in this company. well i would be completing one yr in another 3 days, thats 19th july and will be putting down my papers also on the very same day.. silly na but true.

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz