Sunday, July 10, 2005

3 Years Down

Friday 8th July, I completed three years in this company. Looking back there was a time when I was not sure I’d make it this far. I have come a long way and so have all my batch mates.

Friday all the memories from our training days came flooding back. It was a 4 month training and a tough one at that, something we enjoyed thoroughly nonetheless. We had evaluating exams ever so often and we never had any breathing time. But we made it through, each one supporting the other and we did have a lot of fun together.

Of more than 100 of us that started here 3 years back only around 25-30 of us remain. I am not even sure of the exact number. Others have moved on to other jobs, studies, some have got married, both guys and girls and still some others, I just don’t know. They seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth.

Personally I have had my ups and downs but the good thing has been that I have learnt a lot. Every thing that didn’t go my way was an experience that’s made me better and more mature and less instinctive. There are lots of good things that have happened and lot of things I have achieved. All said and done I like the way things have gone. Now I realize that I didn’t want it to be smooth sailing affair and miss out on the experiences that have made me wiser. At that time, however, I may have had a different opinion. If it hadn’t been for everything that has transpired in the last 3 years, I probably wouldn’t have been at this juncture, thinking of bigger things and trying to find my true potential. However there are things I could have done better and still others I regret and would have rather not done, given the chance. Well they say that you learn from your mistakes and I have.

Coming back to our batch, it has always been a very close group of friends. Some of my best friends are my batch mates from work, other being my college classmates and teammates from cricket teams in college and work. Actually of the 25-30 ppl left in the company 6 of us are right here in Minneapolis on the same account. Half our batch is probably in the US right now.

I have really and thoroughly enjoyed the past 3 years at work and having such great friends is what makes it such a wonderful experience. Some of my closest friends, batch mates or others are right here near in Minneapolis. So I am still having the time of my life. Everyday!!

It’s a beautiful life!! Hope it stays that way!

Here is what I am singing –

Time of your Life
– by Green day

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

2 Comments:

Kiran said...

congrats pal :)
Life is a roller coaster just got to ride it :)

Fursat said...

hey congrates for completing ur 3 yrs..u have a long way to go...and surely u ll...all the best...

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz