Sunday, June 12, 2005

Trying to get back on Track

I have been getting some positive feedback on my blog and I am glad people are enjoying reading the blog as I love posting to it. That’s all I am going to write about this as I recently saw ‘Devil’s Advocate’ once again and Al Pacino’s Final Remark ‘I love Vanity’ is still ringing in my ears.
I want to thank everyone for the encouragement.

Well! What Have I been up to for the past couple of weeks.

I have been trying to get my GMAT preparation back on track. A difficult proposition considering that work has been picking up of late. Infact, I have put in atleast 8-10 hours of work since I left office on Friday. I could have done a better job over the week and things wouldn’t have been so bad. Anyways some good comments from Business finally way made to my leadership, so good news on that side as well. Business has time and again appreciated the work I was doing but I was wondering when they would communicate the same to my bosses here.
Oh...oh…. ‘Vanity’ …. Again.

I did manage to study almost everyday but wasn’t able to take the practice test I planned as I lost patience less than half way down the 4 hr test. Not a good sign but I am sure this would not be that big a problem by the time I reach the actual test date. I had take Powerprep test -1 earlier where I got 650 and Kaplan diagnostic scoring 650 again. Anything less than 700 on the GMAT would really dampen my chances and is something I can ill-afford. Next step is to start tackling problems on Official Guide. I am trying to get more simulation tests for more practice.

On the other front, I am still working on refining my goals and tried to do some more reading on management consultancy, though not as much as I wanted too. I got a good talk from DivineMissN (LBS Class of 2007) on career goals and essays and she has posted some advice regarding this on her blog.

I have also been trying to get the details of transcript process. I finally managed to get a response from my University but some aspects of the process concern me. My experience with Public Office bureaucracy hasn’t been great( I did my under-graduate from Govt. College) and is one of the reasons I have been worried.

On the lighter side, we have an event called Alive after 5 that has been running in downtown from June 1st and would continue till 23rd. They also have events at noon called Tunes @ noon with some bands/singers playing some blues/soft rock and country for an hour. I and a friend have been catching this daily during lunch time. Even though I am Hard Rock fan, I enjoyed all the performances and especially of talented Miss Joanna James who has a great voice to go with all the instruments she can play. Her music is little bit reminiscent of Norah Jones but lot more lively.

Hope the coming weeks are lot more productive in every aspect.

2 Comments:

Fursat said...

hey u r working hard. hope u ll keep it up...and crack the GMAT, u have nice time and keep working hard. hope u ll get ur fruits of the hard work. God bless u !

Anonymous said...

Let us know which management consultancy books you recommend. I am starting to build a list to start reading up on this topic. Good luck!

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz