Saturday, April 02, 2005

First Week

It’s been a week here and an eventful one at that.
After relaxing on sunday, I had to head for Office on Monday, not fully over my Jet lag though. 'American Express Financial Advisory' is the client I work for, and the office is in downtown (Hub of Minneapolis). Downtown is full of Sky scrapers much like Manhattan but with lot lesser and smaller buildings. (Pictures coming soon)
It takes about half an hour by Bus to get there from our place. Everything seems so neat and serene here and even the Bus ride is so comfortable. The traffic moves at extremely fast pace on the expressways.


France Av. - Main Road Posted by Hello

Our office is a 30 story building; I am on the 11th floor. All buildings are connected via Skyway, at 3rd-4th floor so no-one ever need step on the street, which is an absolute necessity in the winters. Even now, the temperature fluctuates from 40-60 F which is about 6-15 C.
I didn't expect so much work on the first week. I had my laptop and Ids ready the very first day and was into meetings with the business daily. I have been a spectator most of the time with mostly business and strategic decisions being taken and other members being VPs and Directors. We have couple of members from Compliance and legal department, this being ‘Compliance’ related project. All in all a very interesting week with having lots to learn and this exposure would certainly be an excellent experience for me.
Accommodation is very cozy as expected. We have all the essentials and more including excellent connectivity (Broadband and routers) so that all of us can be connected through our Laptops simultaneously. In fact yesterday, we were seeing Indo-Pak match on the net!!


Cedars of Edina - Home Posted by Hello

I went for Jogging twice this week to centennial Lake. I have some pictures of the same. The sun does come out but is ineffectual and its pretty chilly when the wind blows. Jogging requires some effort but is refreshing and good exercise too and of course the scenery is good all round which makes it worthwhile.


Centennial Lake Posted by Hello


Joggin arnd Centennial Lake Posted by Hello


Went for groceries today and this brings us up to date. Lots of small things I want to mention as they are so interesting but I want to keep the blog readable too.
I have to get back to my GMAT/MBA plans, that as soon as I get settled.
Just enjoying myself for now.

1 Comment:

Fursat said...

hiii Anand, read ur blog. it was quite interesting. ur exprience and i enjoyed most the interview part which u tried to share. its a nice blog. keep writing. God bless you!!!

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz