Monday, March 28, 2005

Flyaway - In US of A

Before I begin, I must request each one of you who is kind enough to visit my blog to post comment, if you can regarding the content, style of writing or anything you can think of. This would help me greatly to improve my writing and the readablility of the blog.

Over the past week my life has taken a sudden and drastic turn, but not an entirely unexpected one. On 21st morning just as I got out of bed and was thinking of preparing for XIMB interview coming up the next day, I received a call from my PM to head Onsite asap(meaning within the week). I wasn't that serious about XIMB or IITKGP for that matter and had been waiting for this, so I knew that I would be in US in no time.
I somehow did manage to attend the XIMB interview on 22nd and did reasonably well without any preparation(Lack of preparation did have an effect on my performance)
Wednesday, I was back in office and the next couple of days were messy, with me running around to make travel arrangements, get documents in order and take KT for the new project that I was going for. Friday evening and I managed to getting everything ready on time to catch the flight, including shopping and all the clothes and stuff.
My Itenariry read like this
Bangalore>Mumbai>Paris>Cinncinati>Minneapolis
with approx 24 hours of flight time and 36 hrs of travel time... and was that tiring. I didn't manage much sleep on the plane either, but ate well ;-)
I met stephen at the paris airport and he was heading in the opposite direction to mumbai from US. He had done his share of travelling and we had a nice conversation with him sharing his experiences.
I did manage a glimpse of effiel tower from the plane also a few photographs at the airport, I'll see if I can share them.
I reached safely and was received by my friends at airport. Haven't still got over my jet lag, didn't expect to get over that in 2-3 days anyway. My complexion is looking bit reddish(Like most americans up here and very unlike sub-continent folks) cause of the cold weather (10-15 celcius) which is considered the beginning of the summer and a very pleasant weather, relatively speaking cause it goes down to -20 to -30 C in winters!!
Well! its been a great couple of days since I landed here. I went to office today and also got my "laptop" and hence this post coming within couple of days of landing here. I'll write more about stuff here in detail.
btw i didnt get time to inform most of my friends, am doing that now.

Here are the Pictures


Paris Airport Posted by Hello


Cloud cover Posted by Hello


Minneapolis - Landing Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Kiran said...

no problem .. i will let u know about it and comment on ur posts... :) take care..

bewakoof said...

hey anand,

just so that you know, i think its strictly prohibited to take pictures from a flying civilian aircraft... cant confirm this...but that what i thought i've been hearing in my air travels...

greensatya said...

Well the restriciton applies only in Indian flights, you can take pictures from International flights but again not of India.This is GOI rule

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz