Thursday, September 03, 2009

Foreign language films

I guess the word "Foreign" depends on what your native tongue is. For me its Hindi though I watch far more English i.e. Hollywood movies. However, of late I have starting seen more Hindi i.e. Bollywood movies as well as films in many different languages. I compiled a list of some (other than Hindi and English) I have watched with rating on 5 point scale hoping that like me it provides those who are bored with traditional blockbusters an oppurtunity to enjoy something different. I know I am missing some good Chinese and japanese movies but i'll include them soon. Here is the list -

French
Paris je T'aime (Paris, I love you) - 4.0
Belle de jour - 4.0
Delicatessen - 3.5
Manon des source - 3.0
Il y a longtemps que Je T'aime (I loved you so long) - 4.0
Quand j'étais chanteu (When I was a singer) - 3.5
Auberge espagnole, L (The Spanish Apartment) - 4.0
Trzy kolory: Bialy (Three colors: White) - 3.5
Baxter - 4.5
Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain - 5.0
Le scaphandre et le papillon (The diving Bell and the butterfly) - 4.5
Nikita - 4.0
Leon - 3.0
Der Name der Rose (The name of the rose) - 3.5
Irreversible - 3.5
A girl cut in two - 3.0
Three colors: Red - 3.5
Une Hirondelle a fait le Printemps (The Girl from Paris) - 3.0
Le Placard (The closet) - 4.0
Les rivières pourpres (Crimson rivers) - 4.5
Masculin-Feminin-4.5

Italian
Il Postino (The postman) - 5.0
La vita è bella (life is beautiful) - 5.0

Polish
Short film about Love - 4.5

Danish
Pistoleros - 3.5

German
Jerichow - 4.0
Das Leben der Anderen - The Lives of others - 3.5
Die Fälscher - The Counterfeiters - 3.5

Spanish
The Spanish Woman - 3.5
Motorcycle Diaries - 4.5
Amores Perros - 4.5
La misma Muna - 4.0
Fermat's room - 4.5
Hable con ella- 4.0

Serbian
No Mans land - 5.0

Portugese
Cidade de Deus- 4.5

Arabic
Bikur Ha-Tizmoret (The Band's visit) - 3.5

Persian
Offside - 3.5
The Song of sparrows - 4.0

Cantonese
Blood brothers - 3.0

*updated Oct 21 2010

0 Comments:

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz