Thursday, April 10, 2008

Upcoming Admitted students weekend - Darden Days 2008

I just signed up for couple of events for this year’s ‘Darden days’. I remember what a great time I had as an admitted student last year. Read all about it here

The event provided me useful information about curriculum, case method, ‘learning teams’, career opportunities and in general the overall life at Darden. You would also get an opportunity to interact both with first and second year students and learn from their experiences. This was particularly useful as I not only got most of my questions answered but also got great tips on what to prepare upfront and things to focus on while I am at Darden. For those who have not yet accepted their offers, it will be a great opportunity to see what the Darden life and community is all about. What I found was all students, faculty and administration openly shared their opinion about the school, what’s good, what needs to be changed and elaborated on the core values by the Darden community. This year we had a primer event called the “Day at Darden” where almost 80 admitted students got to sit in a Student discussion with the Dean on Darden’s strategy and long term goals. I think this vouches for the point I was making about frankness with which Darden presents itself to the outside world. Overall, I think Darden Days is an excellent source of information for admitted students.

If you have already decided to matriculate at Darden this a great chance to get to meet some of your future classmates to start building your network and relationships. You will find that Darden is very close knit, team based community and your experiences to a great extent are defined by the relationships you build while you are here.

Finally and most importantly, Darden Days is about meeting people, socializing and having fun. There are lots of activities planned including Dinner and Lunches with first and second years and you will get to meet some interesting people and have some interesting conversations. I am not sure what the grand finale is yet but if last year is anything to go by, it should be exciting stuff!

2 Comments:

Iday said...

Anand, just thought i would extend my good wishes on the BoB nomination and a great year of blogging. Hope you are enjoying your Bschool days. Cheers.

JulyDream said...

The presentation at Day@Darden made by the dean was exceptional!! If I wasn't in love before that... I definitely was after. ;)

© 3 Column XML Blogger Templates | Web Toolz